Did you know that the start of your day can truly determine what direction your entire day goes? Yes, it can. What you do in the morning can be the difference in a great start and a crappy one. Now, if someone terrible does happen in the morning, that is not to say that the entire day is lost.
Remember: Our thoughts determine our success. Tweet This
When I wake up in the morning I have a ritual that I like to follow to keep me going throughout the day and to keep everything headed in a positive direction. Feel free to take these ideas and modify them to what fits into your lifestyle. Here’s my 10 Daily Success Steps!
1. Early Rise and Stretch – Shake the body out and get the cobwebs out of your head and take a few minutes just to get the kinks out of everywhere. You don’t need to wake up super early, but nothing feels worse than when your realize that you slept away a lot of valuable hours and feel like you are playing catch-up all day. This includes affection time with my husband and kitty. Never head to work without it!
2. Clean up – Hair/ Teeth brush – Wash face etc…
3. Read – I start by reading out of my 365 Day Devotional and then I read the daily page from Joel Osteen’s ” I Declare” that corresponds with the day of the week I’m on.
4. Morning Elixir – I drink some room temperature tap water ( usually what I had left from the night before) and add in a drop of Lemon essential oil to clean my system out before the day begins
Steps 5-6 Flip Flop depending on the type of workout I’m doing.
5. Do my Workout – Get my clothes on and Get. It. Done.
6. Clean Up/ Fuel Up with Breakfast – Get something in your belly, even if you don’t want to, eat it anyhow.
7. Log into MFP – I log into My Fitness Pal so that I don’t forget and log my workout, breakfast and water intake.
8. Daily Business SOP – Whatever your starting SOP (Standard Operating Procedure is) for that day. You do have one, don’t you?
9. Eat the Frog – Whatever I don’t want to do that needs done, I do it. Get it out of the way.
10. Get the rest of my To-Do list To-DONE!
I regularly take breaks to get water, snacks and stretch to keep me pumped up throughout the day. I also use aromatherapy and use Clarity/Stress Away essential oil in my office diffuser.
These are the starting steps to my daily success set up. What do you do to set yourself up for success?
Heather Santo is a certified Virtual Administrative Consultant with over 15 years of customer service experience. She also spent time in corporate America as a Human Resources Manager performing generalist duties and specializing in recruiting. She now enjoys using her talents to serve her clients and help them to operate their businesses efficiently. She specializes in Aweber, Pinterest, WordPress Thesis, Gratitude Concierge Work and social media content graphic creation.
If you have found this article to be of value, please share it!