I don’t know about you, but I LOVE apps. I use them for darn near anything that I can, but finding the right ones can be a bit of a chore. Most of the time I use ones that other people recommend instead of scrolling through comments and looking at ratings.
I often get asked what my favorite apps are that I use. I currently have an Android — shocking I know — so many of the apps have an iPhone equivalent. The only apps I know that are a must have for an Iphone are WordSwag and Videohance (both by the same maker). These are amazing, but unfortunately, they are not YET available for Android. Until then, we must suffer using other things for our graphics.
Here’s our Top 10 Favorite Smartphone Apps that We Love:
1. My Fitness Pal: Healthy entrepreneurs are happier entrepreneurs. This app keeps me on track when I am on the go so I can look up dishes, scan product packages or log my water and workouts. This app is free and great for anyone that wants to take control of their weight.
2. Tweegram/Textgram: Both of these are a quick and easy way to make beautiful pictures. Both have a paid and free version. For Tweegram, you are going to have the logo and ads unless you purchase the Pro pack. If you purchase anything other than that first, you will still have the watermark from them. I learned the hard way.
3. Emojii KK keyboard: This is what I have fun with when I’m sending texts and is really helpful for making a rockin’ Instagram bio. There is a free and paid version of this app, but the free version is completely fine. You get more customization options with the paid product.
4. Evernote: This is my favorite way to keep notes. I have other notepads on my phone, but this is the one that I use the most. I love that it easily syncs with my computer and that I can easily add notes that others have written directly onto my notes with just a click. This app is free.
5. InstaQuote: Since we don’t have WordSwag ::sad face:: this is the next best thing. Great customization options and easy to use. I didn’t find that there was much that you could do with the free version and after a while of posting them on social media they would all start looking the same. The paid version complete opens up all of the choices for much more options.
6. Square Droid: There are time when I use longer pictures and don’t remember to crop them to fit before I post them to Instagram. Square Droid will crop your photos to fit and then add a colored background to the dead space. This is great when I don’t have time to get into a cropping program. This app is free, but there is a paid version available.
7. Google Opinion Rewards: Don’t want to pay for your apps? Don’t! Answer surveys and you will earn credits to the Google Play store. The surveys have 1-3 questions max and take seconds to answer. The money adds up quick to enjoy all your favorite apps for free.
8. Video Editor/ WeVideo/ Video Show/ Video FX : These are the closet equivalents that there are to PicPlayPost and Videohance that have been pointed out to me. I’m not sure which is one is better since I have not done extensive work with them, but these are the ones that I downloaded and other business owners suggested until both of those apps are available on Android. ( I know, makes me sad panda too) These are all free, but most have paid upgrades.
9. Repost ( by Red Cactus): Using Repost is an easy way to share on Instagram and still provide credit to the original creator. Super quick to share your favorite photos from your fans or photos that they tag you in with your products. It’s a great way to give them a shout out and a thank you for supporting you.
10. Starbucks: Business owners need coffee, least I do. This is easy when you forget your gold card or need a balance. This also is where you can track free drinks and get free apps and songs to download right onto your phone. #don’tjudge. This app is completely free except that you have sold your soul to Starbucks for caffeine.
For Gaming Geeks: I play Pathfinder, there is also 2 free Pathfinder apps you can use on your smartphone for when you are at the gaming table: Masterwork Tools: Pathfinder Open Reference and Pathfinder Spellbook!
What are your favorite must-have apps?
Heather Santo is a certified Virtual Administrative Consultant with over 15 years of customer service experience. She also spent time in corporate America as a Human Resources Manager performing generalist duties and specializing in recruiting. She now enjoys using her talents to serve her clients and help them to operate their businesses efficiently. She specializes in Aweber, Pinterest, WordPress Thesis, Gratitude Concierge Work and social media content graphic creation.
If you have found this article to be of value, please share it!