Instagram is one of the fastest growing platforms EVER. If your ideal client is hanging out there, you will want to be armed with all the right tools to have a great Instagram presence. The great thing is the most of the tools are FREE!
1. Top Hashtag: If you want to see the hashtags that are currently trending, head to this site. The hashtag popularity updates in real time. Just be careful using too many of the most popular ones or you will end up with a lot of spammers and have to waste time with the Delete and Block.
2. Schedugr.am: This is the only tool that you must pay for in this list to use. This app allows you to schedule the way that you would on Hootsuite and they would just post for you at a later time. Originally, IG had written that it was against the terms of service to use schedulers, but this one seems to be used quite frequently. This is also good for if you have multiple accounts.
3. Repost: This app has a paid feature to get rid of the ads, but they pop up so infrequently, it’s not worth the money. Reposting is just like retweeting or sharing and it allows you to give credit to the people who’s content you enjoy. You can select where the attribution goes and if you want it to appear dark or light on the photo. It carries over their original description as well. There are other apps that do the same thing like Repost Whiz, but this is my favorite.
4. Iconosquare: This tool is great for use on the desktop so that you can easily comment, like and follow other users. It’s great to see your activity at a glance and gives you statistics.
5. Take Off: Out of all of the tools listed, this is my FAVORITE. Keep in mind that this app does NOT directly post to Instagram. You can cue up the photo, write the description and pick the desired time that you would like the post to go out. The app will send you a notice on the phone, but you still have to hit POST for it to go. Only downfall is that you will have to add the hashtags afterwards, because the ones they give you — that are removable — are hardly ever relevant and are mainly popular spam hashtags.
Bonus Tool: Canva ~ Canva is a simple, drag-and-drop, design software that’s completely online and free to use. Canva’s own library is home to hundreds of professionally designed social media templates created by their team of awesome designers. Their social media templates can be used on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram and so much more! This is one of the main tools in my arsenal for amazing eye-catching graphics!
What’s your favorite Instagram app or tool? I’m always looking for new ones to try!
Heather Santo is a certified Virtual Administrative Consultant with over 15 years of customer service experience. She also spent time in corporate America as a Human Resources Manager performing generalist duties and specializing in recruiting. She now enjoys using her talents to serve her clients and help them to operate their businesses efficiently. She specializes in Aweber, Pinterest, WordPress Thesis, Gratitude Concierge Work and social media content graphic creation.
If you have found this article to be of value, please share it!